How much D3 ?

HappyHermanns

Location (City and/or State)
Rochester, Michigan
We are finding conflicting information on how often to give our hatchlings D3 powder vitamins. Can anyone answer this question for us?o_O

Thanks!!

Rue

Canada
I have been sprinkling it on my baby Hermann's food twice a week.

Going by how her shell looks...seems about right! :)

Rue

Canada
...even I don't want to sort through all that...lol...

I will stick to sprinkling some on her food twice a week. She will not eat all of it...so I sprinkle a bit more to make sure she gets what looks like a reasonable amount. I know she is earing it because it gets all over her face.

And in case I am under-dosing I have the cuttlefish bone in the enclosure as well.

HappyHermanns

Rochester, Michigan
...even I don't want to sort through all that...lol...

I will stick to sprinkling some on her food twice a week. She will not eat all of it...so I sprinkle a bit more to make sure she gets what looks like a reasonable amount. I know she is earing it because it gets all over her face.

And in case I am under-dosing I have the cuttlefish bone in the enclosure as well.
LOL...yea, that looks like reading for when I have lots of extra time.. haha

Thanks a lot for your help! :D

Reactions: Rue

DPtortiose

To be fair, the above link is full of assumptions and guesswork. It is based on logical reasoning, but it's generalization and has a very limited use.

Use a good UVB bulb or even better, house them outside in a proper outdoor enclosure. This is far more effective and beneficial for their health then any supplement.

HappyHermanns

Rochester, Michigan
To be fair, the above link is full of assumptions and guesswork. It is based on logical reasoning, but it's generalization and has a very limited use.

Use a good UVB bulb or even better, house them outside in a proper outdoor enclosure. This is far more effective and beneficial for their health then any supplement.
Thanks!
I agree, of course.
We are working on that but our back yard needs a bit of an overhaul first (which we are in the middle of now).
But we live in Michigan, so there will be times when they just cant be outside, so we want to make sure we have everything figured out for those times (like winter, from o_OOct/Nov- April, basically) :eek:o_O:(