Status
Not open for further replies.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
Hello
I just read that on a reptile site, it talks about a lizard
"The vet said he has kidney failure. This occurred because the phosphorus level was above the calcium level. The vet said I might be giving him too much vitamin and calcium supplements. He was concerned about the vitamin D intake and said to dust his food only once a week. To try and reverse the kidney failure (which is possible) He has me giving him Gatorade, malox, water, and an antibiotic. He said the treatment will take months to do but it should get better due to his young age (1 1/2 years I think)."
I know the vet is not sure if Hermy has a kidney failure and we wont know before she finishes the antibiotics. I give her the calcium with D3 twice a week and once a week i give her the zoo med vitamins with D3. Should I give her the calcium once a week and forget about the vitamins until I know for sure his kidneys are fine.
Sorry I was not sure if this thread would go in Hermanns or food and diet, feel free to move it if it is not in the right category.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Isa if you have Hermy under UVB lights or given him natural sun, even 10-20 min a day or more I would not give him anything with D-3. You can get a pure calcium carbonate powder at most drug stores or health food stores. Call the vet and ask his advice about adding any calcium or vitamins at this time for Hermy.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Crazy1 said:
Isa if you have Hermy under UVB lights or given him natural sun, even 10-20 min a day or more I would not give him anything with D-3. You can get a pure calcium carbonate powder at most drug stores or health food stores. Call the vet and ask his advice about adding any calcium or vitamins at this time for Hermy.

Thanks Robyn,
Hermy can't go outside because it starting to get cold here. I called the vet this morning and he just called me back.
He told me to continu giving Hermy the Calcium with D3 twice a week but in smaller quantity, to stop the zoo med vitamins and to give her a 30 min bath everyday. He also told me to feed Hermy greens and vegetables with water and that I should feed her cocumber (what do you think of that)?

He told me that even if Hermy urinates a lot, I should make her urinate more now that she probably have an infection.

Status
Not open for further replies.