How is she growing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robopeen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SF Bay Area
Ellington came to me with a little bit of a pillow-y shell. I've been soaking her every other day, keeping her humidity at about 50%, feeding her a variety of weeds and spring mix as well as supplementing her diet with calcium (w/o D) and the TNT mix.

To me, it looks as if her shell is growing in smooth but I'd like some confirmation that it's not just wishful thinking on my part.

Here is a pic of her from a couple months ago:

nVwPuWf.jpg

Here are some pics from last week:

AsEOMWn.jpg

jAkkBiw.jpg

7f87SGN.jpg

8oWfx8v.jpg

Thanks for looking!
82Pbs3H.jpg

TurtleTortoise

5 Year Member
Michigan
She looks pretty good to me. There is slight pyramiding but it looks like it hasn't gotten worse from the old picture.

robopeen

5 Year Member
SF Bay Area
TurtleTortoise said:
She looks pretty good to me. There is slight pyramiding but it looks like it hasn't gotten worse from the old picture.

Yeah that's all I've been hoping. I just don't want it to get worse and I don't THINK it has but like I said it could just be hopeful thinking on my part.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It doesn't look worse to me either. It's not that bad to begin with. Keep doing what your doing and eventually, you probably won't even notice any pyramiding.

Instinct

5 Year Member
Upstate New York
Looks about the same to me, which is a good thing as it is not getting worse!
Just keep up with your care and I'm sure it will be unnoticeable once new shell growth comes in. =)

robopeen

5 Year Member
SF Bay Area
Good to hear! Thanks for the comments everyone! I can't help but be the typical worried tortoise mom, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.