How do you hang your lights?

Rubyfryk

Location (City and/or State)
South Carolina
I’m trying to hang a t5 linear light over my tank but I don’t want to put and holes in the wall or ceiling, so how do I suspend it from over the tank?

Dcatalano

Colorado
I have a frame built with 2x2 boards that my light is mounted on. Maybe you could do something like that for your set up?

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I like the plates that go under the tank on the Zoo Med style light stands, so I'd use 2 of those with the 'hook part' the light usually hangs from discarded and a piece of pipe fit over the horizontal pieces that the 'hook part' attaches to. I'd prefer emt, but pvc would prob work also.

Heres an mspaint rendition of what im talking about.

light stand.png

Rubyfryk

South Carolina
I like the plates that go under the tank on the Zoo Med style light stands, so I'd use 2 of those with the 'hook part' the light usually hangs from discarded and a piece of pipe fit over the horizontal pieces that the 'hook part' attaches to. I'd prefer emt, but pvc would prob work also.

Heres an mspaint rendition of what im talking about.

View attachment 370596
So as far as I can tell on the hood I have (it’s a reptisun hood) there is no place at all for a hook or or anything like that to attach. That why I’m so lost lol