How do I reinforce clamp heating lamp?

Eligperales

Location (City and/or State)
CA
I use two clamp lamps and 10 inches above baby Hermann’s and saw a post where they said it can fail?? How do I reinforce the clamp or lamp and may I see pictures of your examples or ideas?? I have the one below. ( open enclosures some hours if the day when I’m spot cleaning or damping her substrate, we have a cover to keep the humidity)

Attachments

• F53D47F1-D1BB-4625-9DEC-3EBDCDD8BDA7.png
    F53D47F1-D1BB-4625-9DEC-3EBDCDD8BDA7.png
    356.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 4C5BA3B4-42CE-4ECF-854E-70A581D4DF98.jpeg
    4C5BA3B4-42CE-4ECF-854E-70A581D4DF98.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 3

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Pay no attention to the CHE in t;he lower left corner. I don't do that anymore.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I use two clamp lamps and 10 inches above baby Hermann’s and saw a post where they said it can fail?? How do I reinforce the clamp or lamp and may I see pictures of your examples or ideas?? I have the one below. ( open enclosures some hours if the day when I’m spot cleaning or damping her substrate, we have a cover to keep the humidity)
Like the lady said, hang them from overhead and remove the clamp entirely. This also allows to to easily adjust the height to get the correct temperature under them, and it minimizes fire danger.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
You really should not hang any fixture by its own electrical cord. With the change in heat with the on/off cycle, and tension on the cord and its connections to the fixture, it can eventually cause the fixture to fail and the connections to loose good contact. This often first shows as bulbs failing. Brooder lamps come with a metal "ring" to hang the fixture from. IF you don't have that, I hook wires through the vent holes of the dome to create a hanging loop.IMG_1163.jpg