House gecko pictures

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
I loved them in Thailand and Vietnam.
Love them here too.
Here is a picture of a Moorish gecko, one of the colony that live in my house.
View attachment 170241
Beautiful and most welcome.
Love those too! I see them at tome around the house (on the outside walls or in garage), had plenty of them in Florida, but never saw live lizard outdoors in Poland. Did see lots of frogs and sometimes salamanders by the mountain streams. Those little geckos are probably suited for warm climate

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Lots in Thailand. They really do keep the insect count down. I guess you get used to them - cockroaches, geckos (even tokay geckos) - just part of life in the tropics. Now in America, I don't like to see them because I don't think they're 'supposed' to be here.
Not supposed to be here? As in not being native species? Excuse my ignorance, I've never been really interested in reptiles enough to pursue active research. This piece of information just never happened to cross my patch:) I love learning all kinds of cool things from you guys here

hingeback

5 Year Member
Malaysia
I've mentioned before about geckos that live both outside and inside our homes here in South Florida.
Tonight I couldn't resist snapping a photo of 3 small ones just outside of my front door.
Does anyone else have house geckos?
Tons of common house geckos here in Malaysia.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Half of the animals both large and small aren't "supposed to be here" in Florida.
It's like the old northern folks who come and then stay because it's warm and never leave.
Lots of tropical animals are here and I'm not sure if the house gecko is native or not.

hingeback

5 Year Member
Malaysia
Half of the animals both large and small aren't "supposed to be here" in Florida.
It's like the old northern folks who come and then stay because it's warm and never leave.
Lots of tropical animals are here and I'm not sure if the house gecko is native or not.
When I was searching the wiki, it said that the common house geckos are a native species of Southeast Asia. Do you have clearer pictures? There is another possibility, a Mediterranean house gecko. It is a very successful species.

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
You mean "Snowbirds" aren't an indigenous species ?
m0126.gif