Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WI
Soooooo TFO, its been a while!

I've had a very busy summer, and was kept on my toes the whole time by my small zoo. The tortoises are content to nap, and eat me out of house and home, and I've had 6 hatchlings this year from my breeding pair of crested geckos! Also have done alittle animal buying, and so far I am up to 27 geckos (chahoua, crested, and gargoyle) one teeny Gold dust Day Gecko (Phelsuma laticauda) named Eevee, two ball pythons, and of course, the four tortoises! There were no vacations on my end, except for a couple day trips to zoos, or lakes. Couldn't find a responsible person that I could trust the troops with.

After a lot of debate, I also have decided to take the year off school wise, and I just started my second job today. I am working over at the restaurant still, as a line cook, and now I have a second job at a cafe downtown as a jack of all trades. They do coffee, fresh baked goods, sandwiches, you name it! I'm basically working alot of doubles, mornings at the cafe, and nights at the restaurant. I figured, if I'm not in school, I may as well work my buns off!

The move went well---I still need to snap some pics of the place now that we are all settled in. Lots of stuff is still packed up though (all my fall/winter clothes) and while looking for shoes last night, I found like, the left one of three seperate pairs before I located a set!

I'm hoping to become more active on the forums again, now that summer is ending, and Reid is going back to school. Since he'll be occupied most days, I should have some extra time to come back and post between shifts. Hello to all the new members! I was shocked when I checked the posts the other day, and couldn't recognize more than a few names!

And of couse, no thread is fit without pictures! So here we go!

Eevee, my day gecko
PhelsumaJuly19th010.jpg

(here, she's gravid with her first dud eggs)
fateeveeaug18th011.jpg

Some of the new baby cresteds
Tonksbabyhatched08-26-10021.jpg

Tonksbabyhatched08-26-10003.jpg

Tonksbabyonedayold011.jpg

Tonksbabyhatched08-26-10034.jpg

One of my "big" purchases this summer, my third PI chahoua gecko Sokka. These are hard to hatch out, so the price is still pretty steep. A google of "PI chahoua" should yield you the price! :)
Check out that camouflage!
newcameraAug18th126.jpg

(cutest pic of her I have---taken the day she arrived!)
August10tharrivals077.jpg

The approximate number of dishes I fill every second night for the geckos! It fluctuates slightly as I buy, and sell a few
Aug11th2010007.jpg

I've also started keeping Dubia roaches to feed to the geckos. They seem to really enjoy them! (they still majorly creep me out though haha) This is Appa, another of my chahoua geckos (I have three now!)
kittyandAppaeatingbugsJuly6th021-1.jpg

My wall of geckos (the top shelf of the middle rack is completely filled now with baby bins as this years eggs have been hatching!)
geckowall010.jpg

Renaissance faire (Reid, his parents, a friend of ours, and his cousin)
RenFaireandSewerfest002.jpg

A day at the Milwaukee zoo!
May17thto19th055.jpg

May17thto19th140.jpg

May17thto19th108.jpg

And lastly, the logo I designed for my "company". I'm only doing rhacodactylus geckos for now, but I chose the word reptiles, because I hope to someday pair up, and breed my tortoises as well. And perhaps one day, ball pythons! (You never know). When the website is finished, I will link it
Project7.png

And that's what I have been up too! Whew! Add in alittle family time, lotta naps in the heat, and work and its me in a nutshell. :) I am glad to be coming back though.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Hey Meg....It's so good to see you here again. I've really missed your very knowledgeable, spunky posts. Hope to see you MUCH more.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Wow Meg that is busy! Cute little guys you have there though. Glad to have you back on the forum. :D

TortieGal

5 Year Member
Oregon
Good to see you back Meg! as always love the pics, so cute.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Hey Meg ! ... welcome back ....:D
great pics ....of the mini zoo!
JD~:)

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Welcome back!! Your wall of reptiles is very impressive! (and I thought my shelving unit with 2 tanks of leopard geckos was cool- ha!)
Love the new additions :)

dannomite

5 Year Member
Welcome back! ... looks like you had an eventful summer. Your Gecko's are awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.