hot wheel cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ct.usa
hi, was just wondering if anyone here collects hot wheels. i have been collecting treasure hunts and mistakes for years. got a few hard to find cars the last couple of days. i also collect pez dispensers. i am a toy collector, anyone else out there collect toys?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
My geek meter is probably gonna rise, but I collect action figures.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I have hot wheels and match box cars that I collected years ago, some match box still in the original boxes,The last time I found the match box for sale in the box was in the early 80s in Cape May Courthouse NJ, in an old type five and dime store, that was run by a blind man. It was a neat store.I don't really collect them any longer but I just bought a bag of 34 mixed cars, and it had a 1967 Jag that looks brand new in it,I bought them for my grandson.If I see something of interest and old I will get it and save it for the kids and grand kids, I have always saved things thru the years, like I have all the original star wars stuff from when the kids were little, the only one I can think of is the AT-AT. A full set of He-man stuff also.I haven't seen them for years since they are all bagged and stored away.The latest thing I am collecting is 100 watt incandescent bulbs.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
??Len?? said:
I have hot wheels and match box cars that I collected years ago, some match box still in the original boxes,The last time I found the match box for sale in the box was in the early 80s in Cape May Courthouse NJ, in an old type five and dime store, that was run by a blind man. It was a neat store.I don't really collect them any longer but I just bought a bag of 34 mixed cars, and it had a 1967 Jag that looks brand new in it,I bought them for my grandson.If I see something of interest and old I will get it and save it for the kids and grand kids, I have always saved things thru the years, like I have all the original star wars stuff from when the kids were little, the only one I can think of is the AT-AT. A full set of He-man stuff also.I haven't seen them for years since they are all bagged and stored away.The latest thing I am collecting is 100 watt incandescent bulbs.
ye , i do star wars too. i like collecting toy mistakes, like a pez with no face or hotwheel with wrong tires, 'lol' i only open what i play with. my husband thinks i am funny. i have 2 50 foot hotwheel tracks. they zip down the drive way. i collect cool toys .

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
I played with hot wheels as a kid. me, my dad and my grandpa have compiled a collection of Hess trucks. my mom collects pez dispensers. my sister collects holiday nutcrackers.

nikki0601

5 Year Member
Bonifay, FL
I buy em for my son, I beg him to leave em in the box and just look at em, the same I do with my nieces cabbage patch babies, but u cant talk to a 2 year old or a 7 year old about collecting toys, when they r older I will have to rebuy everything and then tell em leave em in the box

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
pdrobber said:
I played with hot wheels as a kid. me, my dad and my grandpa have compiled a collection of Hess trucks. my mom collects pez dispensers. my sister collects holiday nutcrackers.

i have all of those too!

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
beanie babies too haha. my mom and grandma have precious moments figurines. come to think of it I don't actively collect anything other than maybe books and textbooks and tortoises lol.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
pdrobber said:
beanie babies too haha. my mom and grandma have precious moments figurines. come to think of it I don't actively collect anything other than maybe books and textbooks and tortoises lol.

still have a couple beanie.in 1997 , i sold so many beanies , they paid for my dress and the wedding. got out before the beanie crash. only kept a couple old ones. maybe they will have a come back , who knows. ps love books too.

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
yeah, they're worth less than they were when I bought them for $10 at the Hallmark store at the mall each time I went with my sisters and mom and grandma...ahh childhood memories. Still can't say I collect anything other than ceramic socket light fixtures... :p

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
pdrobber said:
yeah, they're worth less than they were when I bought them for $10 at the Hallmark store at the mall each time I went with my sisters and mom and grandma...ahh childhood memories. Still can't say I collect anything other than ceramic socket light fixtures... :p

the hunt was the best part. i sold some for 900.00 a pc. other alittle less. never paid more then 5 bucks for one. had a guy at the mall buying them from me. some i picked up the same day and got big bucks, ah the good old days.

pdrobber said:

the hunt was the best part. i sold some for 900.00 a pc. other alittle less. never paid more then 5 bucks for one. had a guy at the mall buying them from me. some i picked up the same day and got big bucks, ah the good old days.have some old disney beanie too.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
momo said:
hi, was just wondering if anyone here collects hot wheels. i have been collecting treasure hunts and mistakes for years. got a few hard to find cars the last couple of days. i also collect pez dispensers. i am a toy collector, anyone else out there collect toys?

My brother has TONS of hot wheels, and has collected them for many, many years...built him a shelving system, for Chanukah some years back, to put them all out on display and it covers one entire 35' X 8' wall, from floor to ceiling!

Me, I collect, among other things, specific Happy Meals swag, but only those pertaining to things that interest me (Earthworm Jim, The Tick, Pirates Of Dark Water, that sort of thing).

And I've collected Dragon and Tortoise folk-art from my travels.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
Melly-n-shorty said:
I collect leather bound books and old copies of black beauty.

years ago, i picked up a old copy of black beauty. very colorful cover, love it.

Terry Allan Hall said:
momo said:

My brother has TONS of hot wheels, and has collected them for many, many years...built him a shelving system, for Chanukah some years back, to put them all out on display and it covers one entire 35' X 8' wall, from floor to ceiling!

Me, I collect, among other things, specific Happy Meals swag, but only those pertaining to things that interest me (Earthworm Jim, The Tick, Pirates Of Dark Water, that sort of thing).

And I've collected Dragon and Tortoise folk-art from my travels.

happy meal toys are what started me collecting. i do remeber the tick, i think he balanced on something.i love he old snow white toys from years ago.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
momo said:
Melly-n-shorty said:

years ago, i picked up a old copy of black beauty. very colorful cover, love it.

some of the old ones have some great color prints in them. some have articles on animal rights. some even have detailed directions on how to put down your horse humanely. my favorite copy is one published in 1892-1902. it amazes me that it has survived over a hundred years

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
Melly-n-shorty said:
momo said:
Melly-n-shorty said:

some of the old ones have some great color prints in them. some have articles on animal rights. some even have detailed directions on how to put down your horse humanely. my favorite copy is one published in 1892-1902. it amazes me that it has survived over a hundred years

me too! thats so cool. great story.i found an old medical book from 1800s. it has the strangest pictures, and showed how to use leaches to heal. gave the book to a doctor friend and he couldnt belive it.it was kinda creepy, but interesting.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Melly-n-shorty said:
momo said:
Melly-n-shorty said:

Info on how to humanely put your horse down? Amazing!

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
momo said:
Melly-n-shorty said:
momo said:
Melly-n-shorty said:

me too! thats so cool. great story.i found an old medical book from 1800s. it has the strangest pictures, and showed how to use leaches to heal. gave the book to a doctor friend and he couldnt belive it.it was kinda creepy, but interesting.
That is AWESOME!!! I love old books! I have a really old dictionary that has all the indecent words removed. like intercourse. Its been in the family since i was a kid so when i was younger i found this out while trying to look them up to see what it said. That medical book sounds awesome! Makes me want to search ebay!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
momo said:
Melly-n-shorty said:
momo said:
Melly-n-shorty said:

I think it is incredible Leeches and maggots still have an active role in our medicine today.

Status
Not open for further replies.