Home alone

alex_ornelas

Location (City and/or State)
newark ca
So my family will b camping this weekend and no one will be home to take care Oliver and let him outside. He has been outside everyday for weeks and then I put him inside at night. Will he b ok if I just put a bunch of food and water in his indoor enclosure. And since he's been outside so much dose he need his I've lamp on during the day anymore?

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
He will be fine. A day or two without lamps or food is okay occasionally.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Are his indoor heat lamps on timers? If not, set that up.

Remove the water bowl entirely. You don't want him to poop in it on day one and then drink from it on day two or three. Just soak the day you leave and the day you return.

The best food to leave out are spineless opuntia pads. Just leave a couple of pads out and Oliver can nibble at his leisure.

alex_ornelas

newark ca
Are his indoor heat lamps on timers? If not, set that up.

Remove the water bowl entirely. You don't want him to poop in it on day one and then drink from it on day two or three. Just soak the day you leave and the day you return.

The best food to leave out are spineless opuntia pads. Just leave a couple of pads out and Oliver can nibble at his leisure.
His ceramic heat lamp is always on but the other one is off since he's been outside for weeks and the uvb lamp is on a timer