HIGH PRESSURE SODIUM

Status
Not open for further replies.

SILVERSTAR

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
sacramento california
i recently bought a 250watt HPS light to keep plants alive in the winter for my tortoise to eat,mainly to keep my cactus alive,i have it all in an indoor green house,my question is,is this light good or bad for my star tortoise?? so far he only goes in the green house to eat and soak sumtimes and kinda like a little recreation period of an hour at most then i put him back in his plastic storage container,i was jus worried cuz i read sumwhere about certain lites blinding and doing damage to a baby tortoises eyes,mines seven months.

Balboa

5 Year Member
PNW
No, there should be little to worry about from an HPS, especially one at any kind of height.

Just thinking a little more about this....

that is also assuming that lamp is in a correct fixture rated for it. If you have an open lamp and ballast mounted to a board 1 foot above your Tort, that would likely NOT be safe. Just felt I should clarify.

SILVERSTAR

5 Year Member
sacramento california
well i bought wut was there at the hardware store and actually it has a switch to where i can put a metal halide bulb in if i choose but i dont know the difference,and yeah its up off the ground quite a ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.