hides

Status
Not open for further replies.

nannyfan1

5 Year Member
Hi everybody I need some ideas/advice. I got my hatchling golden Greek 2 days ago. I was using one of the half log hides for him and I came in to check on him and he had tried to climb up and fell onto his back. Luckily I was a little paranoid and he wasn't on his back for more than 5 minutes. He seems time today walking around and ate a good amour for breaksast but I don't want to put the half log hide back in I'm afraid he will do it again. So I need some ideas of what I could use to keep him safe.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
On thing you can do is cover it with the substrate and create less of a slope on top of it. I know a lot of people(me included) use pots. broken clay pot halves or even the plastic pots that a tree comes in.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
What Kelly said about putting substrate on it makes it look more natural too...more like a cave. You still run the risk of him taking a leap off the front of it, over the doorway, but they seem more prone to falling off the sides.

nannyfan1

5 Year Member
Thanks for the advice guys I will have to try them out. Poor little guy I felt so bad. I'm just grateful it didn't happen when I was gone and I was able to find him so quickly. I had just gotten him and was a little paranoid checking in on him like every 5 minutes luckily it paid off :).

Status
Not open for further replies.