Hi I am new here.

mindy1983

My name is Mindy I live in Az I have 3 Russian. I just had 9 baby's hatch over the last month. They all turned out except one came out of its egg and it had its yolk sac still attached to it and i started to freak out a little so I goggle if this was normal and what should i do and this forum came up and there was a post from a couple years back where this happen to a lady's new hatch ling came out looking like this too and she emailed a person she knew on here and that lady told her what to do and all worked out for this baby. I just wanted to say that I am so happy i found this forum with such wonderful info.Thank you so much.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
My name is Mindy I live in Az I have 3 Russian. I just had 9 baby's hatch over the last month. They all turned out except one came out of its egg and it had its yolk sac still attached to it and i started to freak out a little so I goggle if this was normal and what should i do and this forum came up and there was a post from a couple years back where this happen to a lady's new hatch ling came out looking like this too and she emailed a person she knew on here and that lady told her what to do and all worked out for this baby. I just wanted to say that I am so happy i found this forum with such wonderful info.Thank you so much.
Lovely story, mindy! :)
Welcome to the gang!
We'd love to see photos of your adults and babies if that's at all possible.
Thanks for posting.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan

A very warm welcome to the forum.

Looking forward to seeing pics.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
They all turned out except one came out of its egg and it had its yolk sac still attached to it...

Hello and welcome. Congrats on all the babies. Most babies hatch with some amount of external yolk sac. The use of a brooder box avoids any problems with this.

Check this out for more tips about eggs and babies:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/how-to-incubate-eggs-and-start-hatchlings.124266/

You might find some other useful info in these too:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/russian-tortoise-care-sheet.80698/
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/beginner-mistakes.45180/

Steve_carter

UK
Welcome & congratulations on the hachlings! Pictures would be great! We love a good picture!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Mindy!

GingerLove

5 Year Member
Welcome, Mindy! I'm so glad you found what to do for your baby Russian tortoise. I love Russian tortoises (as I own one) and would love to see your babies!!!