Hi from Ga! Looking at where to buy.

Dtiny_312

Hi there! I'm located in Atlanta, Ga & am looking to purchase my first tortoise! After much research I'm almost positive that I'd like to purchase a baby Hermanns.

I was curious as to where the most reputable places to buy are? I've seen tortoise shack, tortoise supply and places like that. I'd like to make sure that the baby I receive is healthy!

All input is greatly appreciated!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I have yet to see a good review of Tortoiseshack. I have yet to see a bad review of Tortoisesupply.com

I would get one directly from a breeder. They are most typically available in late summer since that is when most of them are hatching. Try going to the hermanni section and PM some of the posters there. If Tyler doesn't have any, then try hermannichris.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Looks like you've already been given the best two sources or them.

Also stay away from black water reptiles.

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
Hermaniichris is a good source. I'm always curious why people want to adopt a baby tortoise. It's not like tortoises have a critical bonding or socialization period. Babies are delicate and reflect their keepers' mistakes. Eventually you have to find them a lot of space anyway. That said, hermann's are lovely at every age.

Dtiny_312

Thank you everyone for your input!

I would love to find a breeder rather than just purchasing online but I haven't been too successful in locating one. I'll continue my search and look up the person that you all named!

Thanks so much! :)

Merrick

5 Year Member
South Florida
Hermanni Chris is great I got my first tort for him his websites are also supper informative