Beetle_Rain

Location (City and/or State)
Winter Park FL
Hi everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum finally! I am a first time leopard tortoise mom but have had many reptiles and turtles before this! I have had my baby boy Kimchi (just assuming he’s still to young to fully tell) for almost 3 months and I hope that I’m doing everything right that I can and I constantly am finding new ways to improve his care and i feel like becoming more active here will help our journey! Kimchi was by no means an impulse buy I actually did about two years of research before finally committing but I’m still finding ways I was lead in the wrong direction and am generally an anxious person who doubts themselves on everything :( despite this he seems to be doing great and he is my entire world! The second picture is the day I brought him home!IMG_9125.jpegDSC01831.jpeg

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Welcome to the forum

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and welcome.
If he is in a closed chamber high humidity 80% enclosure, with over all day and night temps never below 80 and a basking area of 95-100 and the lighting used is a tube florescent for uvb, incandescent for basking and ceramic heat emitter or reptile heat panel for added heat and night heat then the enclosure with orchid or fir bark or coconut coir as substrate the enclosure is very good.
Feed as much variety as possible. Arugula, escarole, endive, cactus, dandelion, are some of the better grocery greens.

Beetle_Rain

Winter Park FL
Hello and welcome.
If he is in a closed chamber high humidity 80% enclosure, with over all day and night temps never below 80 and a basking area of 95-100 and the lighting used is a tube florescent for uvb, incandescent for basking and ceramic heat emitter or reptile heat panel for added heat and night heat then the enclosure with orchid or fir bark or coconut coir as substrate the enclosure is very good.
Feed as much variety as possible. Arugula, escarole, endive, cactus, dandelion, are some of the better grocery greens.
Hi! I actually posted
Hello and welcome.
Feed as much variety as possible. Arugula, escarole, endive, cactus, dandelion, are some of the better grocery green
Hello and welcome.
Hi! Thank you so much I actually posted his set up as well! The only thing on this list I’m working on is lowering his basking spot temp! I’m gunna buy a lower wattage bulb as suggested by another member. So this makes me feel pretty good about his enclosure since I custom built it! As for food he gets as extreme variety as I can provide including foraged and home grown items I’ll be making a post on that tonight asking for suggestions based on what I am already feeding!

Beetle_Rain

Winter Park FL
Hi! I actually posted

Hi! Thank you so much I actually posted his set up as well! The only thing on this list I’m working on is lowering his basking spot temp! I’m gunna buy a lower wattage bulb as suggested by another member. So this makes me feel pretty good about his enclosure since I custom built it! As for food he gets as extreme variety as I can provide including foraged and home grown items I’ll be making a post on that tonight asking for suggestions based on what I am already feeding!
Sorry I seem to be struggling with the site on my phone!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi and welcome from another leopard keeper in the UK.
Your baby is beautiful.
There's lots of great up to date advice here which was a godsend when my tort adopted me 10 years ago

and also

are great starting points and there are plenty of wonderful members who never tire of answering questions. They have helped me keep my tort happy and healthy and will certainly help you do the same.