Hey Hey Hey from Michigan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beastley

5 Year Member
Hello, new to the forum, and a relatively new tort owner/rescuer. I owned a Sulcata about two years ago, a hatchling that didn't make it :( , for about 9 months. Anyway, we (me and my girlfriend) have been wanting to adopt another and recently got our chance. I'm always cruising Craigslist for animals and came upon a free Greek named Sam.

The Couple we got him from said that they've had him for about a year. He is about the size of a saucer right now. Sam was a pet of their 10 y.o. daughters who didn't spend any time with him, so they sought a new home.

We went to pick Sam up and I discovered what I suspected: Sam in an aquarium (though rather large) with wood chip substrate. He had the proper UVB light, but his infrared heat lamp had burned out. He has been being fed romaine (bleh) with calcium powder.

He seems pretty healthy now*, but the first few days were rough, not eating much etc. I also don't think that he ever got soaked.......

We've had him a week now, switched him to greens, and tomorrow he moves into his new home, a 2x4 super tort table (Pics in Enclosers section soon. Wait 'til U See It!), that took me 2 days to build.

So hello!

* Sam has a runny nose. He has an appointment this friday. I had to call 4 different Vet's to find one that see's reptiles. Hopefully we can get him on meds and get this cleared up.

I hope to use this forum quite a bit, so get used to me! LOL!

Sam:
36486_408046788886_569858886_4313150_3585568_n.jpg

36486_408046833886_569858886_4313153_3071770_n.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Beastley:

Welcome to the forum!!

Thanks for jumping right in with pictures. We LOVE pictures!!

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
I'm so glad Sam is with someone who'll take care of him, congratulations! I hope the vet visit goes well, and welcome.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Welcome to the forum! He looks good! Tortoises bring much enjoyment!

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
kyryah said:
Welcome to the forum! Fellow Michigander ;) I think you make, like, number 4, lol.

Yes, we are taking over this forum!

Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.