Hey all, new here.

babysnakes

I'm Erik. I live in S.E. Fla., I'm 52 and have had numerous species of animals, from fish to snakes,iguanas and squirrels. Parrots of all types and of course dogs. Thanks for letting me in. I currently have three Greeks (2 male and one female. Yeah I know....) and two Red Foots ( male and female). I've had them for about 8 or 9 years. Got them when they were young and small. I had them in enclosed tanks for way to long and finally built a tortoise run for them to live outside last year. They are doing great! I had to bring them inside for the 3 weeks of winter we got this year. I'll try and post pics.

babysnakes

Here is the run. The Greeks left a lot of the grass alone. The Red Foots trampled/ate almost everything green.

IMG_4923 (Large).JPG IMG_4924 (Large).JPG IMG_4925 (Large).JPG IMG_4926 (Large).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Welcome.
I'm also in S/E Florida.
A great place for RF torts.
I actually have two free dog houses if you can use them...They housed Redfoot back when I kept a lot of them.
I'm now down to just four and have encorporated the new houses into my outdoor enclosure and don't need these any more.

Attachments

• 20160319_133610.jpg
    20160319_133610.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 12

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Erik!

Greek tortoises are more into eating broadleaf plants and weeds, not so much grass.