Hermann croaking after drinking/eating and sometimes just in general

swatata

Location (City and/or State)
Sofia
Hello!

I've had a Hermann tortoise for about 2 months, its around a year old currently. After a month since I've had it, and it settled into it's enclosure well, I noticed that it has started to make frog like croaks from time to time. Usually those are most common when eating or after drinking (read that it could be just air trying to get out) but sometimes it does it while its just sitting and going around the enclosure with opening its mouth like it is trying to talk to someone. The most similar video I found of another user's tortoise making that sound is this

She hasn't had any discharge from eyes/nose/mouth or make any other sounds while breathing, has been eating really well with supplements and is enjoying basking. I only have trouble soaking her in warmer water cause she always try to escape but she goes into her drinking water dish and stays there from time to time. Temperatures under the Heat/UVB combo lamp are around 32-35 degrees Celsius and at the other part of the enclosure they go down to around 26-28 Celsius at night. I am trying to keep the moisture between 40-60%, once I mist it goes up to around 70%. I am living in a country where it would be her natural climate so nothing too much out of the ordinary temp wise. Currently she is in an indoor enclosure as temperatures dropped a bit over the last few weeks.

Question is, is the croaking which is 99% similar to the one in the video above, something to worry about? I've been trying to record her doing it, but it's at random. Have been reading a lot and see all kinds of different opinions, but really would like someone with more experience to give theirs.

swatata

Sofia
So I managed to film her this morning making the sound around the middle of this vid

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't think it's anything to worry about. If she is acting fine in all other ways, I wouldn't worry. Just keep an eye on her looking to be sure things don't get worse.
I think it's just a sound from the mouth opening.