help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

grooby

5 Year Member
016.JPGView attachment 23673so i know a few of you told me grooby looked like a girl, but i figured id post a few more pictures to get a few more opinions, also does it look like he/she is pyramiding? im just an overprotective mommy :( sorry for all the questions
295ejv5.jpg

k15dp4.jpg

017.JPG018.JPG020.JPG015.JPG016.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
I can't tell you what sex it is, but it is a great looking tortoise. There is some slight pyramiding with a lot of smooth growth since.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
First of all, Grooby looks healthy and bright eyed. Yes there is some pyramiding, but I agree with Joe. It looks like a thing of the past and the new growth looks really good.

Still too young to sex for sure. The anal scutes look like they want to go female, but that big tail suggests male. Time will tell.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's an awfully pretty tortoise. Still lookin' female so far.

tyguy35

5 Year Member
ontario
I really like your tortoise looks great. My girlfriend told me to say she likes your nail polish lol :p

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
Is that VitaShell I see next to you tortoise? I am curious as to how you have been applying it. I use it occasionally around the edges of the scutes in the new growth area. Sometimes it seems to help the new growth fill in smoother, but I am not sure if I am seeing the result of the Vitashell or just old Mother Nature. Also, can anyone tell me why the annal scute seems to be the smoothest scute on a tortoise. I have noticed it on mine and have seen it in at least a few pictures here on The Forum. Maybe I should ask this question in a new thread. Grooby does look well cared for.

grooby

5 Year Member
thankyou everybody, any suggestions to avoid the pyramiding, ive had grooby since he was 6 months old so i hope im not too blame for it :( should i soak him more often?

tyguy35 said:
I really like your tortoise looks great. My girlfriend told me to say she likes your nail polish lol :p

haha thankyou!

Dizisdalife said:
Is that VitaShell I see next to you tortoise? I am curious as to how you have been applying it. I use it occasionally around the edges of the scutes in the new growth area. Sometimes it seems to help the new growth fill in smoother, but I am not sure if I am seeing the result of the Vitashell or just old Mother Nature. Also, can anyone tell me why the annal scute seems to be the smoothest scute on a tortoise. I have noticed it on mine and have seen it in at least a few pictures here on The Forum. Maybe I should ask this question in a new thread. Grooby does look well cared for.

usually i apply it right after a soaking maybe once a week. I usually dry him off work with a papertowel, and ill take some vitashell on my finger and gently rub it onto his shell, following his markings so its evenly distributed. I apply it to both his shell, and underbelly, and any with any excess left over, ill rub a little on his forearms and the top of his head, since it can get a little dry. Ill take the same papertowel and just rub him down with it finally removing any excess cream so hes not slippery, but still has a good coating on him, hope that helped!

Status
Not open for further replies.