Help! White excrement!

Kent B.

Location (City and/or State)
Mississippi
My Russians tortoise just pooped a lot of pasty white, liquid. She is acting fine but I’m afraid she is sick! she gets a sprinkle of calcium every other day. She gets kale in moderation, lettuce, spinach, and broadleaf plantain. She gets good uvb and heat and humidity.

IMG_1552333462.184122.jpg

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
Nothing to worry about. Those are urates. Torts expel them from time to time. As long as they are creamy like toothpaste, then it means your tort is healthy and hydrated. Urates that are dry and gritty mean dehydration.

Kent B.

Mississippi
Nothing to worry about. Those are urates. Torts expel them from time to time. As long as they are creamy like toothpaste, then it means your tort is healthy and hydrated. Urates that are dry and gritty mean dehydration.

Phew! I got worried... in all of my research I was never warned about this. Thank you! I just cleaned it all up and it looks creamy, but seems a bit gritty. It’s definitely not dry though. I will keep an eye on it and if it doesn’t get better I will try to find the fix.

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
Phew! I got worried... in all of my research I was never warned about this. Thank you! I just cleaned it all up and it looks creamy, but seems a bit gritty. It’s definitely not dry though. I will keep an eye on it and if it doesn’t get better I will try to find the fix.
You can just soak your tortoise to help it stay hydrated. 30 minutes in warm water 1-2 times a week.