White head question

Kent B.

Location (City and/or State)
Mississippi
Hello! I got a Russian tortoise two weeks ago and she has been really healthy! But starting this morning, the top of her head has turned white. I sprinkle calcium powder on her food every few days so I thought it was just calcium. I washed it off and it came back in about 30 seconds when it dried. I washed it off a couple more times but no luck. She goes out side for a couple of minutes every couple of days. I’m pretty worried because it is kinda peeling in a way.?.?.
After: IMG_1552186033.253466.jpg
Before:IMG_2190.jpg

NorCal tortoise guy

5 Year Member
Northern California
I have not kept Russian tortoises in the last few years so some one else may know better then me but to me it looks like dry skin I would do more soaks and see if that helps

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Looks just like old dry skin/scales and nothing to worry about. You could put a small dab of coconut oil on there after you've given a nice warm water soak. That should make things look good and help moisturize the dry scales.

Good luck

Kent B.

Mississippi
Looks just like old dry skin/scales and nothing to worry about. You could put a small dab of coconut oil on there after you've given a nice warm water soak. That should make things look good and help moisturize the dry scales.

Good luck

Thank you! I will try to start doing soaks every other day...... will this work?
IMG_1552237393.427780.jpg
It’s liquid but I also have the cooking, butter kind.