Help?! Tortoise Mating With Log?!

Lexie1234

Location (City and/or State)
Chicago
So my adult redfoot is, at this moment, trying to mate with his log I think. He's making these low pitched almost quacking noises and lifts his leg to hump the log about every 30 seconds. Should I stop this? Should I let him continue??? Thanks in advance!
(Also he's on two legs, his front ones on top of the log and his neck stretched out.)

Bee62

Germany
So my adult redfoot is, at this moment, trying to mate with his log I think. He's making these low pitched almost quacking noises and lifts his leg to hump the log about every 30 seconds. Should I stop this? Should I let him continue??? Thanks in advance!
(Also he's on two legs, his front ones on top of the log and his neck stretched out.)
Let him do the things he wants to do.:)
If you try to stop him he will search another thing to mate with.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Definitely need a pix!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Haha, so sorry! He just finished, I guess two and a half hours was enough xD (I'm not the only one who thinks that's a REALLY long time, right??)
My RF tortoise pen is right outside of my hallway batthroom.
When I had males outside, you could hear them "clucking" all throughout the rainy season through the window.
Sometimes it was all day long.

chin_lee

5 Year Member
WA state Pacific Northwest
Don't worry the log won't lay any deformed tortoise eggs lol

Lexie1234

Chicago
HE'S DOING IT AGAIN

Attachments

• 15152772646052626109999870268487.jpg
    15152772646052626109999870268487.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 44

Bryan

10 Year Member!
Do you blame him for feeling frisky with that intimate lighting on? :)