Help. (shell look ok??)

cheers2lizzie

Location (City and/or State)
Miami, FL
Lol you got a little Russian. They all look like they been put through something ruff.
I personally think it looks just fine. You can always put some coconut oil on to help.

You do not want to bathe the poor thing in it. Just a soft rag, and a little buffing.

Btw I love you tank. Someone is bound to tell you the water dish is a flipping hazard tho... And to you wet down the substrate a little more.

Most people use a terra cotta plant dish for water, and I use a watering can and just add water till my substrate is moist.

But... it's beautiful!!! And I'm kinda jealous and feeling slack on my end. Lol one of my hides is a cardboard box!

I second the flipping hazard dish. I have the same one; my little Hebe is seen in my profile pic soaking in it (with supervision). But it used to be in her enclosure. It was given to me with some other "tortoise items" that were obviously from a pet store. I left her in it while going to get her food. When I returned she was on her back. She had flipped trying to get out. Luckily it was only a few minutes that had passed while I was in the kitchen. I ditched it right away for a terracotta plant dish.

See pic of Hebe noshing on some Hibiscus and Dandelion greens; water dish behind her.

Attachments

• Hebe.JPG
    Hebe.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 11