HELP please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noggin

5 Year Member
I have 3 years old Hermanns called Noggin, I have had him for a few months the shop told me to use herbifloor for his substrate but he constantly digs or climbs when he uses this floor, have found him on his back on a few occasions. I change it for soil and sand substrate to which he would not stop eating it and was then just sleeping all the time and looked lifeless he forever needed a bath and as it nade his eyes cloggy as he loves the water. Is there anything i can use or what should i use as dont want to make him ill.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
Hello and welcome to the forum :)
If Noggin does not feel good, you should bring him to a reptile vet for a visit, maybe it is an impaction.
Could you tell us more about his enclosure, pics would be great :)
What do you feed him?
Do you have any pic of Noggin, we love pics :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have never heard of "herbifloor" but it has been my experience that the clerks in the store never really tell you the correct things to buy. Quite a few people here on the forum use aspen bedding for their Hermann's tortoises. You can find it in the pet stores shown as snake bedding. The tortoises usually don't eat this type of bedding. I don't know if aspen will help your tortoise be able to tip back upright or not, as I've never used it, just trying to give you an option.

Yvonne

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Also you could change his substrate to Cypress mulch. This too is a substrate they tend not to eat. But if you Hermann is eating Dirt it could be because it is lacking nutrients, minerals or bacteria that is needed in his system. you could try purchasing TNT from
http://www.carolinapetsupply.com/ca...58&zenid=4bbfc6bf91be194de86ab4db64460f8dlook for TNT

info on benebac; palatable, concentrated source of live naturally occurring digestive bacteria found in the intestinal tract. For any time an animal experience stress from changing nutritional or environmental conditions.
http://www.jefferspet.com/ssc/product.as...pf_id=4157
These are just my personal opinions.
Oh and welcome to the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.