Please help (scratching eyes, not eating)

andybock

My girlfriend and I I recently purchased a Hermann's he is 3 months and we are really worried. We have him on topsoil/Coco coir aubstrate. Humidity at 50-60%. Che light on one side and 125 watt uvb/uva bulb. Just a few minutes ago we noticed our baby acting really strange. I have attached a video. He is not eating anything we have put down for him. He is constantly itching his eyes and really acting strange.

gabby.santana

Location (City and/or State)
California
My babies eyes were always half open and puffy and watery but I had two lights in his enclosure that were making his eyes this way. Soak him everyday and I bought the zoo med eye drops they seemed to work. I also soaked him in carrot baby food mixed with warm water. I also removed one of the lights.

andybock

He's also straining when he walks... Should the substrate be pressed down or keep it bumpy.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
You could try rinsing his eyes with a little fresh water to see if maybe he has some coco dust in them.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
There's something else wrong. Poor baby is not only trying to rub his eyes, but the way he's moving is concerning. What is the ambient heat registering? You say the lamp is 15" from his shell, right? What's the heat registering directly below the lamp? What I'm seeing is that you baby may be overheating. Is humidity correct? What are you using to register humidity?

andybock

I have a circle humidy check w temp. I get temp with the electric temp gun under light read 105f

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I have a circle humidy check w temp. I get temp with the electric temp gun under light read 105f

What's the ambient temp, since you use a bulb too, right? Btw, I would not use the regular bulb. He has enough heat, it seems, in his enclosure which, if you don't mind, could you provide a pic of his enclosure?