HELP MY URO ESCAPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
My Uromastyx got out of his home some time today, not sure when. He is lost some place in my house. We can not find him any place. Does anyone have any ideas on how to coax him out of where ever he is? Is there any food that they can't resist? If I keep his UVB lite on all night, do you think when he gets cold he will return to it or just try to semi- hibernate some place ? How long can they live with out heat? My house is only kept at 70 degrees and 68 at night. Any suggestions appreciated:D

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
He will likely stay hidden. Keep looking in every nook and cranny. Those temps are fine, but the Uro will be rather slow. Good luck.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Many years ago my young son had an anole that was always escaping. I don't like lizards or snakes, and it was always ME that found that darned animal. Most often he was on the back of the drapes where the pull cord was. But I occasionally found him in the pile of clean laundry as I was folding.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I keep going back to all the places possible. Yes, I have also checked my drapes. Checking places I don't think he could possible get.
Thank you

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
My bearded dragon got out when I was soaking him a bit (had a tough shed) I found him curled up and comfy in a small pile of laundry beside my dryer. It was quite cute. Try not to panic, you should find him.

DerekS

5 Year Member
Akron, OH
When my iguana used to get out he would get into the closet and hang in between the shirts on the hangers. If you haven't checked yet go through all your closets. Best of luck.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I've had one lizard escape, a little wild Alligator lizard way back before I even got my first snake, and eventually found him tucked in some folded laundry I'd never gotten around to putting away... I'm seeing a theme here--it looks like fugitive lizards tend to like clothes piles, lol.

Otherwise, try setting up a couple basking spots, near the walls/good hiding places with some of his favorite foods nearby. I've never had a uro, but it seems bright colors are always the favorite with other herbivores--maybe try raddichio, a little bit of fruit or squash (heck, throw the squash in the microwave for 30 seconds or so to make it nice and warm and smelly!), plus some of his favorite greens.

That's about the best I can think of... Good luck!!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I AM YELLING RIGHT NOW :D I FOUND HIM:D:D:D:D. He was in the back of my closet behind the cat litter:cool:. I had looked there yesterday but must not had pulled the litter box out enough to expose him. I had no clothes low enough for him to get into. I had torn my sons room apart looking for him and had just started a new search again going to go room to room when I luckily started in my closet and there he was. Not that he understood, butm i did kiss is head and then yelled at him:D:D
Thank you everyone for your suggestions, MR. T. (for T-Rex) is safe and sound.

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
Awesome, I hope he didn't have any kitty litter on his head when you kissed him.... lol

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Great news, glad to see a family reunited.

Status
Not open for further replies.