A Uromastyx forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
After spending hours searching for an active forum dedicated to Uromastyx care, I came up empty handed. I have decided to create a free one. I hope you will join me and help make it a huge success. There are so many Uromastyx hitting the market, I want a place that will help all owners learn how to care for them and be able to bounce things off others. It is intended to be a learning place that will ultimately benefit these wonderful lizards.

The forum is brand new and I am working on it as I can. It is located at www.uromastyx.freeforums.org. I hope you will help us create a great place for learning and sharing. Please feel free to share this with any and all Uro owners you know.

Tim

Floof

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
The forum looks great!! Gee, I kind of want a Uro just as an excuse to join, lol!

Good luck, Tim! The internet needs more good reptile forums like that. =)

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Floof said:
The forum looks great!! Gee, I kind of want a Uro just as an excuse to join, lol!

Thanks, I am sure it will be slow going at first. But I will keep at it and make it successful. Uromastyx and Chucks are great lizards, and vegetarians as well!! No bugs!!

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Tim/Robin said:
Floof said:

Thanks, I am sure it will be slow going at first. But I will keep at it and make it successful. Uromastyx and Chucks are great lizards, and vegetarians as well!! No bugs!!

Heeey... Are you tryin'a sell my somethin' here, mister?? Lol!! You'll see me there if a Uro or Chuck ever falls into my lap, but until then, I think I'll stick with my omnivores when it comes to lizards.. ;)

chikken

5 Year Member
CT
This is excellent! I've been looking for a Uro forum for a few weeks now. Books are great to learn from before you jump into taking care of a new creature, and I've found my Uro books plenty informative, but I think personal up-to-date anecdotes and tips are even better.
Thanks for starting it Tim :)

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
chikken said:
This is excellent! I've been looking for a Uro forum for a few weeks now. Books are great to learn from before you jump into taking care of a new creature, and I've found my Uro books plenty informative, but I think personal up-to-date anecdotes and tips are even better.
Thanks for starting it Tim :)
Hope to see you there. It is picking up and getting more posts daily. It will be a great place to learn all about Uros and Chucks.

tortoiseguy65

5 Year Member
Illinois
I have 1.2 egyptians uros that I raised from 3 inch hatchlings. They are now about 8 inches or so. I had a really nice pair back in the early 90s but had to sell them due to a divorce. They are very interesting lizards. The Indianapolis zoo used to have a nice group of them on and off exhibit. I believe they were also breeding them, but this was about 15 years ago.:) Regardless, I really enjoy them. They are like tortoises with out a shell!

Take care,
Jeff Port

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
tortoiseguy65 said:
I have 1.2 egyptians uros that I raised from 3 inch hatchlings. They are now about 8 inches or so. I had a really nice pair back in the early 90s but had to sell them due to a divorce. They are very interesting lizards. The Indianapolis zoo used to have a nice group of them on and off exhibit. I believe they were also breeding them, but this was about 15 years ago.:) Regardless, I really enjoy them. They are like tortoises with out a shell!

Take care,
Jeff Port

I agree Jeff, they are great. Hope to see you join the forum and tell us more about your egyptians.

Status
Not open for further replies.