Help ID Ptolemy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Republic O' Tejas
Not great pics (cell phone), but maybe someone can tell me what subspecies he is...

69204443-f7f1-416b-9c0f-d09583603cb3

bb83445b-b7c8-41ee-9846-4ad615bdd77d

Thanks, and again, sorry abhout how fuzzy these pics are...need to borrow my daughter's real digital camera one of these days.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Pictures are a bit :p fuzzy, but it looks like Ptolemy is a T.g.ibera and a female. :)

Danny

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
egyptiandan said:
Pictures are a bit :p fuzzy, but it looks like Ptolemy is a T.g.ibera and a female. :)

Danny

Thanks for the subspecies ID...definitely a male (tail is easily 3X as massive/long as the females from his clutch).

Slightly better pic:

211a1ff1-0a4f-40cc-88dc-5a7e9360e388

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
With the better picture your right :) Male all the way :D

Danny

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
egyptiandan said:
With the better picture your right :) Male all the way :D

Danny

And he he has nothing to be ashamed of, too! :D

Reason I was curious is that the breeder has a "harem" of females that include g. ibera, g. graeca and a beautiful Golden (horn-gold and no dark markings on carapace or plaston...I'm on the waiting list in the event she ever produces any offspring as totally "unmarked"), and they're all in the same 20' X 12' pen. The dominant male is a typical g. ibera, the "spare male", I'm not sure of, and I was wondering if Ptolemy showed any visual indication of a mixed ancestry.

Ptolemy, btw, is the one who was offered to me very cheaply as the breeder was afraid that he might possibly be a graeca/hermanni X...a few years ago, he'd temporarily kept his graeca male in with his hermanni females until the male's pen was finished...the hermanni males, presumably, were ganging up on the graeca.

Anyway, thanks again for the IDing. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.