Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Songs4Drowning

5 Year Member
I thought I would introduce myself, since I've been lurking for a few weeks. My name is Amanda and I live in Virginia, and I don't have any torts.. yet. Ha ha. A few weeks ago I saw an image of a girl with her sulcata on tumblr and started reading everything I could about them and it led me here! I don't have any plans for getting a tort soon, as we're still in an apartment. Our current animal family members are two rats and five goldfish. I'm looking forward to continuing to learn everything I can and obsessing over the pics you guys post and hopefully when we find our dream home in a year or so we'll be able to welcome our own sulcata into our family!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy your visits here.
Kudos to you on doing your research ahead of time.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. No ownership requirement here. We just like talkin' torts!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello, and WELCOME :D. Check out the threads at the bottom of this post. Great sulcata reads.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Amanda:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Songs4Drowning

5 Year Member
:0 Thank you for all the warm welcomes! I definitely believe that pets are part of the family and doing research ahead of time is necessary. When we got our first rats, it's because we rescued them from a friend who was going to "release" them by the dumpsters. He kept three fully grown rats in a cage barely suited for a dwarf hamster, on pine, feeding them bird seed. One of them had to be put down because it had teeth out of alignment that were growing into it's skull. His excuse was that there wasn't any vets that would look at rats as pets..... not two miles from the apartment complex we all lived in we found a wonderful exotics vet who is very knowledgeable about rodents and we've used ever since. Over the years, we've had eleven rats total that have all had very long and happy, healthy lives. I will admit a big appeal of the tortoise is the long lifespan. A pet that will stay with us and grow with our children and may one day be pampered by our grandchildren is an amazing and happy thought after enduring the short lifespans of ratties.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Welcome. When you start looking at houses you will know that you will need a very large yard for a sulcata. Perfect that you are doing your homework ahead of time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.