Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

papermoth

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hello everyone! I've been lurking around the forums for the past few days, but just got around to introductions now. I'm 22, an Ag. Biology student in college, and I am an insect and turtle/tortoise enthusiast.

My folks and I have about 10 or so turts, all of them acquired from different friends, save for one that my family and I got from a road trip. That one has an interesting story, but I like to keep my introductions brief~ :D

Anyways, here's four of our youngest turts. I'd love to say I knew with certainty what species they are, but I'm at a loss.

all4.jpg

eggi.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Papermoth, and welcome to the forum. Thanks for the pictures! You have a really nice group of box turtles there...one of my favorite animals.

Yvonne

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Greetings Papermoth ~
Welcome to the community ~ Yvonne, Robyn and many others are xtremely helpful here ~ you've come to a good place.

Your torties look just like the beautiful Eastern Ornate Box turtles I used to get all over in North Carolina.. and like Yvonne, they are one of my favorites too.

Again, Welcome,
Purpod

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Welcome to the forum Papermoth. Yes you do have a nice grouping of boxies. Where are you located?

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Welcome to the forum Papermoth!

Your torts are very cute. I really like the last pic, it seems like she is smilling for the camera :D.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Nice group! What are you planning at this point to do once your out of college?

papermoth

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Crazy1 said:
Welcome to the forum Papermoth. Yes you do have a nice grouping of boxies. Where are you located?

I'm located in El Paso, Texas. It gets pretty hot and dry around here, but we're finally starting to see some rain after 5 months.

Jacqui said:
Nice group! What are you planning at this point to do once your out of college?

Hm, good question! Haha, well, hopefully anything to do with entomology, I really like working with insects and I don't mind the laboratory environment or being in the outdoors. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.