hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beeliz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal,Quebec
Hi everyone,I was suggested to this forum from a fellow form user on a reptile forum,and said that I would get more info on my new baby box turtle here..so here I am!
I have had him for 2 weeks, seems to be doing well,,eats earth worms,slugs,and pellets soaked in water,that he hasn't eaten yet. I have a couple questions,,I see him go to his water daily, but am I suppose to soak him separately as well? and I have the temps and moisture at the perfect place,,so all that is going well,,but I am using a UV and an incandescent bulb, for the extra heat.
is it suppose to be a UVB or UVA?? Thanks in advance!:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi beeliz:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

If your brand new baby box turtle is eating, you've won half the battle. Sometimes it hard to get them started eating.

I keep my baby box turtles an even over-all temp of around 80-85 degrees, with about 6" of moist potting soil for them to dig down into. I also have some leaf litter over the top of the potting soil. Because baby box turtles are so very tiny, they dry out quickly (dehydrate), so its a good idea to give them a soak every day. I usually put them into a tub of warm water...a tub with a smallish foot print, but with high sides...and then I'll add some worms or wiggly food to the water. Don't put so much water that they have to struggle to keep their head out of the water.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Welcome to the forum :) we would love to see some pic's of your boxie:D

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome.

I don't like the coil bulbs for UV. They can damage reptile eyes.

Traveller

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Hi and welcome:).
You'll find all kinds of great info here as well as knowledgeable people as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.