Hello forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rin

5 Year Member
How is everyone? My name is Erin, affectionately known as rin, and I suppose I am joining this forum for cathartic reasons. I was away at a wedding and upon my return my girl, a wonderful little redfoot named Terrapin, passed away. I have a heavy heart and I came to this forum believing all this tortoise love could help me heal. So there you have it. Lol. If you can all briefly put up with my sad whining for this moment (and likely a few more). I am happy to be a registered member of a community that understands the love shared with a tortoise.

Cheers.
Rin

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Winnipeg, MB
I'm so sorry for your loss, Rin. Such a sad thing to come home to. Welcome to the forum.

May[CHERRY BLOSSOM], Hermann's [TURTLE][TURTLE] & Aussie [DOG FACE][DOG FACE][DOG FACE] (@YWG)

rin

5 Year Member
I can't be sure. A suspected respiratory infection. A friend of mine was caring for her while I was away. He was pretty devastated and felt responsible, but really I don't know. She was gone before I got back. :(

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I am so sorry this happened.
I am glad you joined the forum and please hang in there!!

RIP Little Terrapin

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi rin, and you are definitely welcome to cry, whine, rant, or whatever you feel like at this sad time. How old was Terrapin? What makes you think it was a respitory infection? It hurts so much to lose your beloved pet, but to not be with her when she passed is devastating. We at the forum have many members who lost their babies too. No one outside of true reptile lovers can really understand our feelings. So, stay with us,learn, and help others with your experiences.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Rin, and welcome to the Forum!

Sad thing to have happen while you were away...I'm sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.