Hello

Dawn48

Hello, Dawn, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum to you and Only.
It should happen, given time and warm water!
Have a look at http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/beginner-mistakes.45180/
for good basic information.
And we love photos if you could manage it!:)
Hi, thank you. My tortoises name is Olly, auto correct put only instead! I'm just giving him a long soak but so far nothing. I suppose he will go eventually. I will have a look at the link later :). How do you put photos on here?

Dawn48

Hi Dawn and welcome, I'm in the UK too.
My tort's toilet habits seem to vary with the seasons and he can go up to a week without a poop in the winter
then sometimes every 2 -3 days spring/summer.
But that may be because his diet has to change because dandies etc aren't available.
He also has never pooped in his water, no matter how long I've left him and topped up his water.
I wish he would as it would be easier to contain.
I've read here that they sometimes eat their own poop too but if he does that it will probably be written all over his face!!
Enjoy the forum - there's lots to learn but this is the best place to learn it.
Hi, thank you for your advice. Made me laugh what you said about them eating their poop, being written all over their face :-D.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Hi, thank you. My tortoises name is Olly, auto correct put only instead! I'm just giving him a long soak but so far nothing. I suppose he will go eventually. I will have a look at the link later :). How do you put photos on here?
Olly is a good name, but I quite like Only, actually! ;)
It'll happen when he's ready, hopefully.
To upload photos, click on 'upload a file' next to the green "POST REPLY" box at the bottom of the page.
This should take you into your photos or menu.