Hello

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Hi Michaela that's quite a little family you have there. Welcome to the forum - there's always something new to be learnt here and lots of help if needed. Look forward to seeing and hearing more about your turtles.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
hello, Michaela and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum to you and all your turtles.
Read, learn, contribute, ask questions and have fun!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Michaela and welcome to the Forum! I see an ornata in the last picture. Would that be your unidentified one?

MichaelaW

5 Year Member
Harlingen, TX
Hi Michaela and welcome to the Forum! I see an ornata in the last picture. Would that be your unidentified one?
The two in the last picture are my breeding pair of Terrapene Carolina Carolina. The middle one is the one I'm not sure about. She is a LTC from central Illinois where the ranges of easterns and ornates overlap, so she may be a hybrid. Her shell is not very domed like an eastern which makes her look like an ornate, but her coloration resembles an eastern more. So far no one had been able to identify her for sure. I even showed her to a turtle expert who spoke at our herp society meeting.

MichaelaW

5 Year Member
Harlingen, TX
She's a very lovely girl, whatever she is!
Thank you! I've had her 10 years now and she's the first turtle I ever had. She's what started my passion for chelonians and all the species of box turtles in particular. She is very special and extremely valuable to me.