Hello, I'm new

Raincloud

Hello,

My name is Chris, I live in the mid-west United States where the temperatures can get very cold. I am probably going to relocate to warmer climate eventually.

I was originally interested in a Russian Tortoise for many years, and then thought maybe a Star, but changed my mind after doing more research. I think that the Hermann's Tortoise is probably closer to what I want. People said they're more extroverted and I don't need a barn to house them in.

More specifically, after looking at the Hermann's, so far, I'm attracted to the western Hermann's, so I'm going to be doing more research on them.

I'm not planning on purchasing a tortoise for a while, just here to pick up information to find out more. I found my huge collection of Reptiles magazines and a bunch of books from when I was younger and believed I would become a herpetologist or something and will likely be trying to trade them for Tortoise housing stuff. I've not owned any turtles or tortoises other than an Eastern Box Turtle when I was younger.

Anyway, nice to meet you.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Chris!

474158gy04azrh2x.gif

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Chris welcome to the TFO from AZ. . Herrmann s are great ! ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1406225839.010294.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum