New and preparing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherylim

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Leyland, UK
Hello all!

My name's Cheryl. I'm 23, and I live in North West England.

Have signed up tonight in preparation for the new addition to my family. I'm getting a Hermann's Tortoise in a month or two, and can't wait!

Have been doing lots of research, but going to take a month or two more and get one after my birthday, giving me time to learn as much as possible and use any money I get for my birthday to cut down the initial cost as much as possible.

Very excited! I'm going to browse plenty of threads over the next month or two to learn more about tortoise ownership.

:tort: :) :tort:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Cheryl:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

We're glad you found us.

Charis

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome from a fellow tort less newbie!

laramie

5 Year Member
Scottsdale, AZ
Hello and welcome to the forum,
I just love your avatar. It is so adorable!!!!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Welcome from us!

o8uluc.jpg

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

Argh, this is going to be the longest month of my life. My new friend seems so far away!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
cherylim said:
Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

Argh, this is going to be the longest month of my life. My new friend seems so far away!

It will indeed feel long, but just think of what your waiting for. It is worth it! Meantime you could get some things planted for him to eat? Get his new home all fixed up a time or two even. :D So glad you have joined us. You do know we will want lots and lots of pictures once he arrives, dontcha? :tort:

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Jacqui said:
It will indeed feel long, but just think of what your waiting for. It is worth it! Meantime you could get some things planted for him to eat? Get his new home all fixed up a time or two even. :D So glad you have joined us. You do know we will want lots and lots of pictures once he arrives, dontcha? :tort:

Absolutely, and I'll be taking thousands so I'm sure to share some.

I'm very fortunate in that our garden is full of wild plants and flowers, including an abundance of clover! I've been keen to find a way to stop it growing, but now I want to encourage it.

My boyfriend also grows herbs and he's keen on parsley in particular, so I'll be calling on him for fresh tortoise snacks!

And yes, I'll be sorting out that home very soon. I wish I had the skills to create my own, but for now I'm buying a pre-made tortoise table. Maybe, in time, if I'm not too busy looking after my new friend, I'll get my crafting skills up to scratch to create the next table.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
welcome Cheryl. You are doing it the right way and finding out everything you need to know first. Have fun planning and getting ready. The time will fly by.

Status
Not open for further replies.