Hello from Western Pennsylvania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruby's Mom

5 Year Member
Hello everyone, My name is Jo and I am the proud new mommy of "Ruby" a little redfoot girl (I think it's a girl, Flat belly) that I adopted from Petco on November 16th. She is about 6 inches long, and I have no idea what her diet consisted of before, but she is beginning to pyramid already. I've only had her home for a couple of days and she has such a sweet personality. In fact on the way home on Tuesday, She needed to be propped up so she could look out the car window. If I moved her, she crawled right back up so she could see out again!

I also have two red eared slider girls, Moose (11 inches) and Tiny (9 inches), that I have had for about 7 years now that were rescues when they were still "baby" sized. I say baby sized because they were already a year old and barely 2 inches. Once I got them, they outgrew their temporary 10 gallon set up in a couple months.

I am a former veterinary technician, and I work in a privately owned pet supply store myself. I am not an active poster, as I tend to argue a bit when it comes to defending myself and my animals. My pets are my children, I treat them just like my own two real children. I am very anal when it comes to medical care and nutrition.

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, arizona
Welcome to the forum. I think you'll find we're pretty much hard wired to care for our charges, and defend them to the max.

teri

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Welcome to TFO Jo! That is so cute that Ruby wanted to look out the window, sounds like your new addition has tons of personality!! :D Mary Anne

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
MICHIGAN
Welcome to the forum. Please post pics when you can would love to see them!

LindaF

5 Year Member
Welcome! We sound a lot alike. I have 2 RES I have had for 5 years, a red foot for 7 mons, and 3 new baby painted turtles. Of course none of the turtles are really mine, but my daughter's ;-)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Jo:

Welcome to the forum!!

We'll try not to attack you. :D We don't want to bring out the "argumentative" in you!! :p

Balboa

5 Year Member
PNW
Ruh Roh,
hopefully I worded my responses to you on Aidan's thread correctly so you realize they were NOT attacks :)

apparently I am communication challenged.

Welcome!!

Does Ruby have shell rot? I've been trying to follow up on all these Petco sourced red-foots that are arriving to the stores already pyramided with shell rot. Of course Petco gets the blame, they only deserve the blame because most of them are apparently too ignorant to realize these animals are unsuitable for sale.

My local store is a little different, so I have been able to find out the source for these neglected red-foots that they refuse to sell, but cannot confirm that all Petco get their red-foots from the same source. I suspect the real problem to be a grow-out ranch somewhere.

If your Petco would be willing to share the name of their supplier it would be helpful.

In reality Petco should be more on the ball and fix this themselves. We all know how likely that is going to be. If they stop buying them, someone else will.

Status
Not open for further replies.