Hello from the Upper Midwest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandolynn

5 Year Member
Hi, I am new to this forum, but not to tortoise care. I had a tortoise as a family pet growing up, and have always loved learning and caring for them. I am a zoology student, and have researched and been mystified by animals since I can remember. As an adult, I have made animals my entire world. I feel the need to know as much as possible about my pets, and the ones I care for. That is what led me to this site. I adopted 2 RF Tortoises about two months ago, and although I knew how to care for them, I discovered that there is not as much in-depth information. So many sites show their care as that of a desert tortoise. I've noticed that you all seem to know what you're talking about, and to me, that is soooo refreshing. My tortoises are 7 and 8 in long, both female, and physically as healthy as is possible. They both have pyramiding, one quite a bit worse than the other, and were dehydrated, and showed early signs of MBD. They are well on the way to the road to recovery now. I look forward to discussing these amazing creatures with you.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
Hi and welcome to the forum. Glad to see another RF owner. Post some pictures of your RF's and their enclosures. Everyone loves pictures.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Mandolynn:

Welcome to the forum!!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Welcome to the forum Mandolynn :)
Thanks for the nice intro, and I am glad your 2 ladies are on the road of recovery :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi! *waves* Sounds like two RFs got very lucky to find you. I look forward to seeing their pictures and learning more about them and you. Welcome.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.