Hello from Texas!

verda

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Hi everyone, I am so glad to have found this forum. I will be a new tortoise mommy in 2 days, so excited!!! Will be needing a unisex name for my little hatchling. I saw a video of a leopard tortoise on youtube and was hooked, bought one before my hubby can even say no ^_^ . Of course whatever I love he loves too, we have already bought the indoor and outdoor enclosure for our little one. I am hoping Texas weather will give him enough sunlight and heat it needs. We do have a huge backyard with lots of grass and flowers, but in the meantime he will have to stay in a smaller and more secure place till he is bigger. I will be here often to visit with my all my new friends here and learn more. Any advice for a newbie is appreciated, I'll post my new baby when it come. Anyone know how soon it will be till i can tell if it's male or female?

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and welcome to the forum. Please do share some photo once your baby arrived home.

tortoise5643

5 Year Member
Hello, it will be years before you know gender of it. Im a fellow texan! What part of Texas are you in? I'm in the DFW area.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Hello from New Caney Texas

yillt

Welcome. How about Sprout as a name or lettuce,junie, Charlie,Tillster,Shelley,MR roundshell/Mrs roundshell, rolo, Ivy,speedy,Bean.:);)

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ . Most torts take 3-5 years before you can sex them but breeder that is hatching the eggs if gets the heat up 1-2degrees has a good chance at making most not all but most female or 1-2 degrees lower makes most of the baby's male . That's one of the reasons to buy from a breeder rather then Pets Mart . But good luck and have a great tort day :)

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! I look forward to seeing what your enclosures look like (and the hatchling too of course) :)