Hello from Russia

Black cat

Hello everyone! A very cool forum with amazing photos!
I am a representative of Wildlife park "DoDo" which is situated on the south of Russia, not far from the Black Sea.
Last year we purchased 4 Aldabras and now we are looking for the information on proper feeding, calcium supplement, how to avoid pyramiding and lots of other things. To tell the truth we are interested in everything corncernig Aldabras.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum!

There aren't many care sheets for Aldabran tortoises. You can look them up online, but remember, most of what you read online is older material. We know now that baby tortoises of most species require a more humid environment in order to grow smooth shells.

I raised two Aldabran tortoises from hatchlings. Now, at 16 years of age and over 200lbs, they are both pretty bumpy. I wish I had it to do over again, I'd give them a more humid environment.

popeye tortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
Hi and welcome. If you are looking for information on Aldabra's go to the Aldabra section on the forum and contact Aldabraman. He is been raising Aldabras for 30 years. He is a very nice person and has world of knowledge with these tortoises.