Hello from PA

Travis& LF

Hello everyone my name is Travis and I am from Eastern Pennsylvania. I have recently become the proud dad of a yearling sulcata named Little Foot. A little about myself, this is my second sulcata and I am hoping for a more positive outcome. The first sulcata I owned has passed from Hatchling Failure Syndrome. I bought the little one from a petstore, I was still new to owning a sulcata but I knew enough about them regarding diet, uvb lighting, temp gradients and so on, to at the very least provide proper care for the little one. It did well for the first few months and then things went down hill. After my little one passed I started doing hours upon hours of research to figure out where I went wrong. I learned to select a proper breeder and more advanced care of these amazing animals. I spent about 3 months growing my own grasses, and setting up an indoor encloser, and recording temps and humidity. I wanted to make sure everything was just right before getting Little Foot. So now here I am excited to be part of this amazing community and Little Foot is doing great. Looking forward to being able to take him/her outside this week being that temps will be high enough. I have attached a picture of Little Foot below.

1491839078927.jpg

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Paris, Texas
Hello and Welcome! Sounds like you're doing a great job! How old is your little one??

Travis& LF

I'm not sure of an exact age, He/She measures 5" and is 341grams my best guess would be somewhere between 1year and a year and a half.

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Paris, Texas
I'm not sure of an exact age, He/She measures 5" and is 341grams my best guess would be somewhere between 1year and a year and a half.

That's awesome! These little guys sure are addicting, Sulcatas are great as you've already discovered! ;)

Shaif

Pittsburgh, PA
Welcome to you and LF! He/she is adorable!
Where in Western PA are you? I am in Pittsburgh suburbs. Would LOVE to have a sully, but the lawn police (HOA) in my neighborhood would die.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Travis!

Shaif

Pittsburgh, PA
I miss Philly. Did my medical school there!

I'm curious how people in our region keep large torts. What will you do in winter when your Little Foot is not so little?

I've read hilarious posts about giant torts that bang into walls and such. I wish we had milder weather.

Travis& LF

We are planning on fully renovating the basement to house Little Foot during the colder weather. For now we can get away with his tortoise table and then the laundry room haha