Hello from Southern California!

Blakem

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
Glad you were open to the advice others gave, some new memebers aren't so easy with it.

Ask already mentioned, and what you already have seen, dominance is serious. As they mature, as yours are, the dominant tortoise can try to harm and harass the other one. In the wild, males will flip each other over to show dominance over the other, and can do the same with females when they're ready to mate. The gulars, located under the head, are what they will use to flip and ram the other. It's the two somewhat pointy things. Make sure you read about their diet and ways to improve their husbandry. You can find the app for your phone and it's easy to navigate. To read about sulcatas, click browse, species specific, African, and sulcata. You can also use the search link to find many answers to your questions. Read away!

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
You can also find information about the diet through the browse section.

Sierra B.

Southern California, USA
Hello everyone just wanted to update you on Spike and Little Foot.. I separated their enclosures and can see a huge difference in Little Foot!! He acts totally different now and loves attention. Any time I tried to go up to him before he would hide. So I'm very happy with that :) Little Foot kept their original enclosure and I made Spike a new one and it took him awhile to adjust. He sat in the same corner for a long time and wouldn't explore the new enclosure. Now he loves it. He has more room and a bigger burrow. I'm so glad they're both doing better! Thank you for all your advice ;)