Hello from NJ, soon to be in NC

prettyprinsez

Hi everyone. I must say I am so excited to start this journey with my baby sulcata tortoise Zing. He is such a beautiful thing, I love him already!! <3 today he is officially 5 months. I've had him for about 2 weeks, and at first he had me terrified. I thought he was going to die. He wouldn't eat and all he did was sleep. Being that I am a first time mommy to a tortoise ( previously had a red earred slider for two years but passed him to a friend of mines), I was searching the net like crazy and I came across this forum. I forgot their name but someone mentioned soaking him in baby carrot food and it worked amazingly. He now wakes up eats, drinks water, and seems healthy and happy. I'm so thankful for this forum, and am now ready to no longer ghost read tortoise forum post and become an active member. I have so much more to learn. So throw it at me lol :)

Thank you for your time,
Prinsez

This is my Zing :)

ImageUploadedByTortForum1394665073.584700.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortForum1394665129.856135.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortForum1394665090.802513.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

When are you moving?

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Prinsez welcome to the TFO from AZ , USA . Great looking baby tort . Why did you pas on the res ? We have a lot of info. On here for you !

sarniacherie

Hi,what a little cutie,really sweet.I have just inherited a Hermann,but I think she is a girl,so she is called Hermione.I am terrified of not being able to look after her,I mean you cant tell what a tortoise is feeling,they dont have much expression on their faces.I found this forum when I was trawling about,looking for guidance.Anyway,good luck with your little one.Maggie