Hello from Manila!

egcboy

Hi Everyone.

I am an animal enthusiast and recently got fascinated with tortoises. However, I have been looking for local breeders and importers here in the Philippines but unfortunately can't find any...

For members who reside in the Philippines, hope you can help me land my first Star or Sulcata. Any lead to people who do sell them will be very much appreciated.

TIA!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! How did you decide on either a star or a sulcata?

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Tia welcome to the TFO from AZ ,USA . Why did you rule out the Leopards that have so much in common with the others . Good luck

apromann4

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
philippines
Welcome kabayan, this is the best forum, glad you join, if you have question, post it here, and about local supplies ect, just pm me add me at facebook, there are some scummer seller in our country, we have a group there that can help you pick good local sellers

egcboy

Jacqui said:
Hi and welcome! How did you decide on either a star or a sulcata?

Thanks! :)

My knowledge about tortoises is quite limited. I saw a star about 4 years back and instantly fell in love. However, I couldn't convince the wife to buy one as we are just starting a family.

Now my daughter wants one too! now's my chance.

I'm open to other tortoises. Just saw the star and sulcata in the flesh, hence the preference.

egcboy

@ Grandpa Turtle 144 Offline

Leopards are really nice... and Radiateds also. I'm just starting the hobby so any of them will do. As you pointed out, they have a lot in common. I find them all cute and interesting!

egcboy

apromann4 said:
Welcome kabayan, this is the best forum, glad you join, if you have question, post it here, and about local supplies ect, just pm me add me at facebook, there are some scummer seller in our country, we have a group there that can help you pick good local sellers

Thanks a lot! Really need your guidance.

I will join the the FB group. Looking forward to sharing tortoise stories with you guys.