Hello from Holland!

Shakudo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Netherlands
Hi everybody,

I wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

My name is Joey, 29 yrs , and I come from the Netherlands.

I have kept reptiles/amphibians and other animals all my Life, but recently decided to go turtle/tortoise:)

I missed having one around:)

Nemo, my 6 month Loggerhead Musk turtle, is an active little beastie, who is always up to exploring and doing his detective work in the pebbles.

Yoshi, my 3.4 yrs Russian tortoise, was a boyhood dream of getting and I am very happy to have one.

If you have any questions please go ahead, take care, and talk to you guys later.

Joey

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum!

474158gy04azrh2x.gif

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Joey welcome to the TFO from AZ, USA . Where's the Picts of the turtle and tort in their enclosures ?

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Hi,

We are neighbors ☺ i live in west Germany near to cologne :)

T1ME1

East Anglia, England, United Kingdom

Ah, they both look awesome. Looks like you are doing a good job so far with the Tort enclosure. There are some very knowledgable people on this forum though, and they have given me great advice, including on how to improve my enclosure. It is great that you too are taking their advice and helping to improve your tort's wellbeing.

One thing though, rather than mix the sand with coco coir, I was advised to get rid of the sand completely and go all coco coir. Sand is apparantly not great full-stop.

Good luck!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome. I been to Netherlands few time and have couple good friend over there. Beautiful country.

Good to have you here. This is a great place to learn and share. Welcome.

Shakudo

5 Year Member
The Netherlands
Ah, they both look awesome. Looks like you are doing a good job so far with the Tort enclosure. There are some very knowledgable people on this forum though, and they have given me great advice, including on how to improve my enclosure. It is great that you too are taking their advice and helping to improve your tort's wellbeing.

One thing though, rather than mix the sand with coco coir, I was advised to get rid of the sand completely and go all coco coir. Sand is apparantly not great full-stop.

Good luck!

Thank you:)
Yes I am looking into the substrate , it will be changed.

Joey

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tortoise Forum.