Hello from Cyprus

Anna101a

I have recently created a tortoise garden , and I have rescued various tortoises.
One of my tortoises "Crush" came to me after being run over by a car..
He has had surgery to repair his shell, and was fed via a tube for a while ,until his facial injury mended.
he is now eating normally and is well on the way to a full recovery.

yillt

Welcome. A great thing you are doing there.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome.

Yes. Pictures Please. I hope you documented entire process of getting "Crush" healed and health. ....Before and after.......I'm so looking forward to it.

Thank you in advance for sharing it.

Anna101a

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,023.4 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7

Anna101a

Hello and Welcome.

Yes. Pictures Please. I hope you documented entire process of getting "Crush" healed and health. ....Before and after.......I'm so looking forward to it.

Thank you in advance for sharing it.
I wish I had taken more I have a photograph of Crush when he first came to us.....with feeding tube and head so swollen he couldn't open his eyes. About a week later managed to open one eye and began exploring, feeding tube still attached I fed him four times a day with vegetable baby food, when the feeding tube repeatedly block ..I fed him with a syringe.
A month later he was able to eat independently.He was given an anti biotic injection daily.
He has not been able to open his other eye fully and because his jaw was split he has some difficulty...eats well but slowly. the vet who operated , pulled his shell together and he still has the exterior fixation.
He is very able , enjoys climbing and spends long periods resting under his favourite lavender plant.
he is definitely a success story

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 6

Anna101a

I wish I had taken more I have a photograph of Crush when he first came to us.....with feeding tube and head so swollen he couldn't open his eyes. About a week later managed to open one eye and began exploring, feeding tube still attached I fed him four times a day with vegetable baby food, when the feeding tube repeatedly block ..I fed him with a syringe.
A month later he was able to eat independently.He was given an anti biotic injection daily.
He has not been able to open his other eye fully and because his jaw was split he has some difficulty...eats well but slowly. the vet who operated , pulled his shell together and he still has the exterior fixation.
He is very able , enjoys climbing and spends long periods resting under his favourite lavender plant.
he is definitely a success story

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
WOW! ! ! !

Bless your heart and what a story. Thank you, Thank you for sharing it. Please do keep us posted on the recovery process of Crush. I love this fighting little one already.

Thanks.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
I am amazed. Your enclosure looks tortoise perfect.
And the rehab process for Crush is very interesting!

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Welcome to TFO! I am always happy to see another member with interesting rescue stories.