Hello from Cyprus

tortoise001

Hello from Cyprus. My name is Jacob and I have one small tortoise. I don't know the gender and what kind do I have. I will upload some pictures very soon.

Thanks in advance guys!!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi Jacob! I look forward to seeing pictures!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi Jacob, and welcome. Whatever tort you have, most will need a warm soak several times a week. If he's a baby, he'll need the soaks once or twice a day for about a year. This way he will stay hydrated and healthy. I'm looking forward to seeing pics of your lil one.

tortoise001

Here are the pics. I know it´s difficult to tell me the gender. But I want to know what kind of tortoise is and what I have to feed them. It´s a small one tortoise and I know calcium is very important.!

Thank you very much.!

Attachments

• IMG_2374.jpg
    IMG_2374.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2375.jpg
    IMG_2375.jpg
    949 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2376.jpg
    IMG_2376.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 43

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Jacob welcome to the TFO from AZ , USA . How long have you had this tort ? What does the enclosure look like ?

tortoise001

Your help is very importatnt

Hello. I want your help please! I know it´s difficult to tell me the gender. But I want to know what kind of tortoise is and what I have to feed them. It´s a small one tortoise and I know calcium is very important.!

Attachments

• IMG_2374.jpg
    IMG_2374.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2375.jpg
    IMG_2375.jpg
    949 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2376.jpg
    IMG_2376.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 27

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Jacob:

Welcome to the forum!

It's hard to tell in the picture, but it looks like maybe he's having trouble opening his eyes??? Also, is that fuzz stuck on his toe nails?

I can't help with what kind of tortoise because I'm not really that good at I.D.ing the Testudo species. It's either a greek or a hermann's. Someone with more knowledge will come along soon and help you with an I.D.

In the mean time, your baby needs a good, warm soak. Put him into a shallow tub of warm water and let him sit there for about 15 minutes.

Tortoises eat dark, leafy greens, grass and weeds.

Kele7710

5 Year Member
To me looks like a hermann I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, agree with others needs a warm soak :)

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Hi,

So it's hard to identify..
For the first look it looks like a hermann for me. But on the second like a gracea . I don't know maybe a mix. On Cyprus don't live any tortoise in the nature (normally) but I heard about some hermann population which run away from people.
Also in the south turkey at the coast live the subspecies of gracea testudo gracea anamurensis. Some years ago I searched them and find some animals. ( I'm not 100% sure if they were Ibera or anamurensis). But some of them had the same fuzzy shell muster like yours. So maybe it is testsuo gracea Ibera or testudo gracea anamurensis. I don't think so much that it is a hermann.

tortoise001

I have one more question. Can I use for calcium cuttle-bone and let my turtle to eat it... or no...

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Yes. Asking again for Yvonne and my own curiosity-
What is that fuzz on his feet?

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
I ask yesterday but with all you had on your mind you must have forgot can we see his enclosure please ?

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Hello and Welcome to the forum .... a lively fun bunch of folks with a lot of tortoise knowledge......I'm sure you will enjoy !
:)

tortoise001

On his feet... It´s nothing guys. I clean it and now it´s ok. Now, with the cuttle bone... is it ok to eat it my turtle

Kele7710

5 Year Member
tortoise001 said:
On his feet... It´s nothing guys. I clean it and now it´s ok. Now, with the cuttle bone... is it ok to eat it my turtle

Cuttle bone is fine my Stanley has recently decided to love his after 5 months :D

mestacey

5 Year Member
Hello! My sister married into a family from Cyprus and has been there many times! My niece was baptized there! I hope to visit someday, I live in Southern California now.