Hello from CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

amanda Stiewing

5 Year Member
Hi, my name is Amanda and my family and I live on the Connecticut Shoreline. I have four children, one of whom is my 10 year old daughter, Aliza. She is obsessed with tortoises. My sister has a four year old Sulcata that she has raised from a hatchling and my daughter absolutely loves him. We make constant trips over to see him, and a few months ago Aliza started asking for a tortoise of her own. We have required her to research tortoise care and all the different types of tortoises. We've also waited it out to make sure this wasn't a passing interest. It isn't! We are in the process of building a tortoise table for her room, and once that is complete and all other supplies are purchased...we will be ready for our very first tortoise. Any suggestions on what type of tortoise we should get would be welcomed. Also, if anyone has a tortoise that they'd like to place in a home where it will receive tons of love and attention, please message me.

Irwin4530

5 Year Member
Welcome!
Can you tell us about what you think would make a great tort?
Do you want somehting that will get as big as your sisters? (Sulcata, leopard)?
Do you want one that will stay small (Russian, Hermans etc.)?
Also, you mentioned the tort table...what size is it and will there be outdoor living in warmer months?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi! You know I am going to recommend as my top choice a Russian. To me they are the absolutely best started tortoise, especially for a young person. Following that would be Hermanns and Greeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.