Hello :)

CristinaZappa

Location (City and/or State)
Windsor
Hello my name is Cristina and I am from Windsor.
My 6 year old daughter is obsessed with turtles and tortoises (she has been since she was 1) and last year (in June) we bought her a 1 year old Horsefield from the local petstore, we have named her Stella, even though we are not sure yet if it's a boy or a girl.

Currently I am the main person who looks after Stella and the main reason I joined this forum is to make sure I am caring for her correctly.

Very nice to e-meet you all.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Hello and welcome
When you get a chance give this a read:

CristinaZappa

Windsor
Hello and welcome
When you get a chance give this a read:
it is very interesting. I am going to print, highlight and transfer in Stella's diary. Thank you

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Thank you. This is the most recent photo I have, from last week. although Stella cannot be seen properly. I will try a better photo tomorrow.
That's precious. Hello and welcome.🤗 You are a good mother. Mine was too but she wouldn't let me have a tortoise 🙃 so...

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hello my name is Cristina and I am from Windsor.
My 6 year old daughter is obsessed with turtles and tortoises (she has been since she was 1) and last year (in June) we bought her a 1 year old Horsefield from the local petstore, we have named her Stella, even though we are not sure yet if it's a boy or a girl.

Currently I am the main person who looks after Stella and the main reason I joined this forum is to make sure I am caring for her correctly.

Very nice to e-meet you all.
Welcome Cristina, when I was in grade school. My family often crossed the Ambassador Bridge on our way to visit my grandparents in Kingsville.
I am assuming you are from Windsor Canada.
You have joined the correct forum. Many knowledgeable members here. To give you the most up-to-date information.

CristinaZappa

Windsor
Welcome Cristina, when I was in grade school. My family often crossed the Ambassador Bridge on our way to visit my grandparents in Kingsville.
I am assuming you are from Windsor Canada.
You have joined the correct forum. Many knowledgeable members here. To give you the most up-to-date information.
Sorry, I should have specified that I am from Windsor, England 🇬🇧 and also, to add to the mix, I'm actually Italian 😅 but I would love to visit Windsor in Canada. When I look at BBC weather, often in a rush, I keep selecting Windsor Canada 🇨🇦 and think it's going to be snowing when in reality the weather is glorious 🙈

CristinaZappa

Windsor
These are 2 photos of Stella's House, I hope it's all good. She's still sleeping 😴 will try and take a proper photo of her later today. 🐢

Attachments

• 20230228_075432.jpg
    20230228_075432.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
  • 20230228_075446.jpg
    20230228_075446.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
To be honest, I could no longer bear the asking 🤣 even when asked if she wanted a brother or sister she said she would have preferred a tortoise... so.
Hahaha I don't blame her a bit 🤗 my sentiments exactly at that time in my life 😉 except mom has to do the reading and pass it on. Sounds like a beautiful plan to me. She has plans for you.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Sorry, I should have specified that I am from Windsor, England 🇬🇧 and also, to add to the mix, I'm actually Italian 😅 but I would love to visit Windsor in Canada. When I look at BBC weather, often in a rush, I keep selecting Windsor Canada 🇨🇦 and think it's going to be snowing when in reality the weather is glorious 🙈
Windsor Canada is in the south of Canada. About a hr away to the SE is a national park in Canada. It is called Pt. Pelee, which is the most southern point for mainland Canada. It is farther south then northern California. So Windsor Canada's weather is comparable to SE Michigan, which is great weather in the summer.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
These are 2 photos of Stella's House, I hope it's all good. She's still sleeping 😴 will try and take a proper photo of her later today. 🐢
What kind of substrate are you using? If it's dirt it is advisable not to use. If Stella injests the dirt while eating, she could become impacted. I prefer Reptibark, maybe we can get others for different suggestions.
@Yvonne G

CristinaZappa

Windsor
What kind of substrate are you using? If it's dirt it is advisable not to use. If Stella injests the dirt while eating, she could become impacted. I prefer Reptibark, maybe we can get others for different suggestions.
@Yvonne G
I generally use this one. Is it no good? It was greatly recommend by the reptile store so I went with what they said.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230228_211035_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230228_211035_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    368.2 KB · Views: 2