Hello from Canada

Enola

Location (City and/or State)
Brossard, Quebec
Hello! I live in Quebec and have a Hermann's tortoise named Enola. Don't know if Enola is a boy or a girl, but responds to "she/her" :)

She is about 2.5 years old, loves romain lettuce and mazuri pellets. Very funny and curious personality.
20220304_215708.jpg
Nice to meet you all!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi and welcome,
Nice to meet you and Enola too!
This is the most up to date caresheet you need to make sure Enola has everything she needs and a good diet -
It may be a couple more years before you'll know if you have a male or female, but I like the name - alone spelt backwards - so I suppose it could be for either!
She is beautiful but it looks like she has some pyramiding of the shell starting which you can't reverse but if you follow the caresheet you can help stop it getting worse.
If you post a photo of her enclosure you'll get good feedback to make sure it's a s safe as possible for her.

Enola

Brossard, Quebec
Hi and welcome,
Nice to meet you and Enola too!
This is the most up to date caresheet you need to make sure Enola has everything she needs and a good diet -
It may be a couple more years before you'll know if you have a male or female, but I like the name - alone spelt backwards - so I suppose it could be for either!
She is beautiful but it looks like she has some pyramiding of the shell starting which you can't reverse but if you follow the caresheet you can help stop it getting worse.
If you post a photo of her enclosure you'll get good feedback to make sure it's a s safe as possible for her.
Hi Lyn,

Thank you for the caresheet! Yes, the name should work either way :) She does have some pyramiding from before I brought her home. I didn't do enough research beforehand and didn't recognize it as pyramiding when I saw her at the pet store. She was just too cute ❤ The new shell growth since I've had her seems to be smooth now.

I attached pictures of her enclosure (thanks for the tip). She's growing fast, so I'll have to look at making a larger one...just not sure what her potential size will be...

Attachments

• 16507519832181337958273305245918.jpg
    16507519832181337958273305245918.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • 16507520241603579999117783269927.jpg
    16507520241603579999117783269927.jpg
    636.5 KB · Views: 4

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi Lyn,

Thank you for the caresheet! Yes, the name should work either way :) She does have some pyramiding from before I brought her home. I didn't do enough research beforehand and didn't recognize it as pyramiding when I saw her at the pet store. She was just too cute ❤ The new shell growth since I've had her seems to be smooth now.

I attached pictures of her enclosure (thanks for the tip). She's growing fast, so I'll have to look at making a larger one...just not sure what her potential size will be...
My leopard tort came with pyramiding too but I think I've managed to curtail it with regular soaks and raising humidity.

Enola's already outgrown the table there and I think she's ready for the 4 x 8 foot minimum size which is recommended for juveniles and adults of the smaller species but the bigger the better!
For now, I would take out the pots, wooden bridge and the blue fabric shelter to give her more floor space to wander and add an upturned plastic tub with a door cut in it for her to use as a hide, and possibly a tort safe chemical free plant in a pot for some cover and follow the caresheet to see if there are other changes you could make.
if you look in the enclosures thread you'll get some good ideas.
What bulbs are you using?

Enola

Brossard, Quebec
My leopard tort came with pyramiding too but I think I've managed to curtail it with regular soaks and raising humidity.

Enola's already outgrown the table there and I think she's ready for the 4 x 8 foot minimum size which is recommended for juveniles and adults of the smaller species but the bigger the better!
For now, I would take out the pots, wooden bridge and the blue fabric shelter to give her more floor space to wander and add an upturned plastic tub with a door cut in it for her to use as a hide, and possibly a tort safe chemical free plant in a pot for some cover and follow the caresheet to see if there are other changes you could make.
if you look in the enclosures thread you'll get some good ideas.
What bulbs are you using?
I have a 100w exoterra intense basking spot bulb and a reptisun 10.0 UVB bulb. The basking bulb placement gives a temperature range of about 80F to 104F in the enclosure space.

I'll take some things out to give her more space. Thanks!