hello form ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

kywest

5 Year Member
Hi All
I just acquired a new turtle with MBD and joined here seeking advice on his rehab. I've cared for turtles for about 25 years - I used to work at the Zoo, now at a local park system. Never done any breeding, just maintain a collection for educational programming. I've never had to care for a sick turtle before, and do not have access to a vet with herp experience right now, so I need some help!! Posted my questions over on the Box turtle forum b/c he is (supposed to be) an ornate box turtle. His shell doesn't have classic ornate pattern, so i'll be posting a pic for advice on he species as well!
Thanks for all of your time and experience!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, kywest!

What zoo did you used to work at?

kywest

5 Year Member
Cleveland Metroparks Zoo for about 9 years, then Columbus for about 5, though I was not involved in any animal care at Columbus, just Education.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome to TFO! What kinds have you worked with?

kywest

5 Year Member
EBT, red footed, yellow footed, snapping, striped mud, stinkpot, slider, and a smaller aquatic asian species that is not coming to mind right now. (nothing terribly exotic! lol) Admittedly, the turtles weren't my "thing" - I was and still am, more of a bird person. [probably shouldn't admit that on the tortoise forum...] Except for the red footed tortoise - he was hilarious! Wish I has space for one of those!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
We have quite a few bird foks in here, so that should make you fit in well. ;) :D

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Hello and welcome...former ohioan here..I remember as a kid going to Cleveland Metro Zoo...that was a few years ago...lol

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Hi and welcome :) what's going on with your sick patient?

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Hi from a neighbor! I see you worked at the Cleveland zoo for a while. Do you happen to know Greg, the owner of the McDonalds there (if it's still there)?

Status
Not open for further replies.